February 4, 2010

Double Trouble











Leah has had a runny nose for a few days, nothing that seemed that bad. However, last night she was up 2x coughing and so I decided to be safe and take her to the doctor's today. I am sure my students were devastated when I emailed them to cancel class. Our poor baby has a double ear infection!!! The NP could not believe she had not complained more. She is a tough cookie I guess, but it made me feel like a bad mother that I did not take her sooner.

So, we left the doctor's office and went to Rite Aid to have her prescription filled. As Andrew is often at pharmacies, he is normally the one who has picked up Leah's prescriptions and dealt with Joel, our pharmacist, about the insurance stuff that was sort of a mess when Leah was not officially ours. Anyhow, today Joel was like "well at least it's just Aasawari who is sick". I must have had a dumbfounded look because he then said "It's good Leah did not catch it too". Long story short since May Joel has assumed we had twins... Aasawari Harmon and Leah Harmon- since he has filled prescriptions under both names with the same birth date. He assumed he always just saw one of the twins each time we were in there!

Anyhow, on our way out Joel gave Leah Aasawari Harmon a Rite Aid Get Well soon Teddy Bear. Leah normally is not a fan of stuffed animals so I was very surprised to see her immediately hug the bear and say Thank You to Joel. Since we have been home she has not let go of the bear and she and the bear have enjoyed resting and watching Word World together. Here are a few pics...

No comments: